I’m sitting at my desk looking at the grey clouds hovering above Wellington and just feeling completely ‘blah’ – in other words, frumpy, tired and the complete opposite of sexy.
Life can be AMAZING at times but inevitably, there are going to be days where we do not feel 100% and it will feel like someone has snuck up behind you and hijacked your mojo. I am currently in that state, so to get me out of this mood – but I came up a list for instant ‘pick me ups’ some may sound silly but these are all things I do to help me shift my mood and may work for you too – Enjoy xx
1) Boost your water – Add lemon or lime slices to your water to give it a citrus kick!
2) Trade your tattered lounging gear for something more feminine to help keep away the inner slob
3) Be aware of your posture – this instantly shifts my mood easily by just putting the shoulder back and keeping my back straight. Instant confidence booster!
4) Give your flat hair a “flip” to give it more body.
5) Buy a new body wash to switch up the scent and experience when you jump in the shower.
6) Read a “naughty” novel – I haven’t jumped on the “50 Shades” craze but it’s pretty obvious that this one is a winner for the women!
7) Initiate a date with someone so you have something fun to look forward to and a reason to get into an outfit you feel really good in.
8) Slick on your favourite lip gloss to reinstate your confidence when you reach the 3pm slump.
9) Take time out and take deep breaths – this helps to centre myself when I’m feeling frazzled.
10) Indulge in the things you love for some serious relaxation– May it be a few glasses of wine after a long day, pieces of your favourite dark chocolate, planning a get-away trip or it may even involve TV show marathons – treat yourself!
Don’t tolerate the frumpy mood, there are no excuses because I’ve shared my tips which are all very simple and sexy ways to slip out of the ‘blah’ day you may be having!
What do you do when you’re just feeling the opposite of sexy? Do you have any tips you would love to share with the rest of us? Let us all know in the comments below.. xx