Zanita Morgan is a model, blogger and a photographer who is under the same fashion journalism platform as Oceania’s leading fashion bloggers such as Gary Pepper Vintage, Harper and Harley and Tuula. Zanita has worked with world renowned brands and I had the privilege to get to know Zanita a little bit more through this interview. With her amazing talent, extraordinary style and easy-to-love online personality it would be too hard not to enjoy Zanita Morgan’s work!
Name: Zanita Morgan
Role / Job: Photographer and Fashion Blogger
Brief background of what you do: Fashion related photography for my blog fellt.com/zanita - fashion editorials featuring bloggers or models, collaborations with fashion brands, photography at fashion shows.
Main projects / tasks that keep you busy: Blogging everyday, editing and resizing then uploading photos – Sometimes it gets a little tedious! Photoshoots with other bloggers is really my main aim with projects at the moment.
Affiliates + greatest personal & professional achievements: Working with brands like Nike, Stylestalker, Bonds, Puma. My design collaboration with Funkis clogs. Seeing my face on t-shirts at Zara. Working with American Apparel in LA and Gstar in Hong Kong…. along with a few others in the works right now!
1) What is one of your time management secrets? Answering my emails on my phone is helpful – it means they are short and concise and don’t get left behind! I always try to edit a shoot immediately after doing it so the inspiration is still fresh in mind.
2) When you are feeling over whelmed, what is a self-care tip you would love to share? Feeling overwhelmed – I go for a run. Running always clears my head and give me a burst of endorphins to get on top of everything!
3) What is your dream day? Having breakfast with my husband at my favourite cafe, shooting in an amazing location with gorgeous models, amazing weather and a talented stylist then seeing my favourite band in concert! Like a dream!
4) What inspires you day-to-day? I’m most inspired by streetstyle, fashion shows and editorials and fellow bloggers. Travelling makes me feel liberated so that inspires me too – exciting locations make me want to be holding my camera at all times!!
5) Any last words for those who want to start their own business / blog / take action on their dreams but do not know how to take that first step? Being a successful blogger is more than chance, you must have that special x-factor that can’t be forced or fabricated. I was lucky to find my passion in photography after having years of experience working as a model in the industry so that was really my in. I guess if you love what you do then that’s the key to success in my eyes.